Tuesday, June 28, 2016

SOCC Week 4 Challenge: Archival Ink

Once again I have thoroughly enjoyed this weeks challenge and made some new discoveries along the way. I am approaching these challenges as a learning curve for my fabric art, to push me out of my familiar zone and into new techniques.
That certainly happened this week. Archival Ink is a staple for fabric art as it is permanent when heat set and stamps crisp images on fabric. However, up till now that is all I have been using it for - stamping. So I wanted to see what else I could do with them and this page was the result.


I challenged myself to use only Archival Inks for the colouring of my page. My palette consisted of: French Ultramarine, Hydrangea, Leaf Green, Chrome Yellow, Magenta Hue, Deep Purple and Coffee.


The petals were coloured, stamped and covered in clear plastic to imitate an umbrella.


I tinted some plastic with Chrome Yellow to create a little rain coat for my cute bunny.


The rain drops were created with rubbing alcohol.


The words are hand written with the Dylusions Black Marble Paint Pen.

I will be back soon to share some Technique Tutorials for my background, tinting plastic and using rubbing alcohol with Archival Inks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment